Fair Acres Homestead is currently offering Homestead tours and home school field trips. This tour of the Homestead will include viewing of animals, a tour of the chicken coop and pasture area and will include facts and misconceptions of chickens and egg laying, as well as hands on:
- Collection of eggs
- Sorting and processing eggs according to South Carolina State Egg Guidelines
- Handouts are available for home schoolers
Seasonally the tour may include incubating, hatching and raising chicks and pick-your-own vegetables.
- Our animals are protected by hot-wire fencing and young children must be handled appropriately so they do not come into contact with the fencing.
- The entire tour is held in the farmyard and will take approximately one hour.
- There are no public restrooms available. Please stop at one of the local establishments on Hwy 302 on your way to the Homestead.
- Please wear appropriate footwear – you will be walking in areas that contain chicken manure.
- Each tour is limited to a maximum of ten people.
- Tours must be scheduled ahead of time.
- Tours are currently being offered at 3 p.m. on Thursdays and Saturdays.
$3.00 per person, maximum of $20.00 per family.
Please contact the Homestead at: